PLANNING, TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (PTTIM)
This Department comprises of Planning & Monitoring; Technology Transfer, Library & Documentation, and Information Technology divisions.
The PTTIM department is poised to provide scientific and technical information required by researchers, industrialists and entrepreneurs through effective knowledge management practices and publication of the institute's research output.
Planning And Monitoring Division:
The division is the heartbeat of all research and development activities of the Institute. It comprises two sections namely:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Planning and budgeting
The Planning and Monitoring Division is responsible for the following:
- Preparation of Annual Action Plan for all the Institute’s projects
- Collation of monthly, quarterly, annual and other periodic progress reports for the Institute
- Arranging for periodic research project review meetings
- Preparation of quarterly and annual reports returns for monitoring of capital projects, recurrent expenditures and revenue generation projects for submission to the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF) through our Governing Board/Federal Ministry of Science and Technology (FMST), using FMF formats and data collected from all FIIRO Divisions.
- Preparation of the Institute’s Capital Budget and assisting the Director-General at budget defense meetings with FMST, NPC, FMF and the National Assembly at Abuja.
- Organization of FIIRO weekly Research/other seminars, including invited guest seminars and FIIRO distinguished guest lecture.
- Completion of Questionnaires on FIIRO and its activities/achievements.
The Technology Transfer (TT) Division
This division is responsible for bringing FIIRO's achievements to the public through training workshops, capital goods acquisition, technical assistance services, exhibitions, trade fairs and extension services to small, medium and large scale industries as well as collaborations with the multinationals and external bodies like the Development Agencies, government and non-government bodies are generally for sponsorship and contract researches.
Aside from these, the Institute has been able to promote and transfer its products and technologies to would-be entrepreneurs and the public. It also engages in project evaluation, markets surveys, techno-economic feasibility studies and preparation of project proposals.
The Intellectual Property And Technology Transfer Office (IPTTO)
The mission of FIIRO’s Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Office (IPTTO) is to facilitate and enhance the transfer of intellectual property between FIIRO and the global community.
FIIRO IPTTO was established in 2007 with the assistance of the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP), as part of Federal Government’s efforts to promote and strengthen linkages between Research Institutions and Industries in Nigeria. The IPTTO is designed to develop a robust intellectual Property Rights’ portfolio for FIIRO, especially through patenting.
The IPTTO administers FIIRO intellectual property including activities relating to the identification, assessment, and protection of all FIIRO Intellectual Property.
Awareness on the use and importance of the Intellectual property system is constantly promoted through lectures to staff, and training workshop participants.
SOME CORPORATE BENEFICIARIES OF FIIRO'S R&D RESULTS AND SERVICES.
- National Steel Commission, Jos, Plateau state.
- Glaxo Welcome PLC, Agbara, Ogun State.
- Nigerian Grains Production Company, Kaduna, Kaduna State.
- Tate and Lyle Limited, Sango-Ota, Ogun State.
- Lisabi Mills Limited, Ikorodu road, Lagos.
- Cadbury Nigeria PLC, Agidingbi Road, Lagos.
- Bukingham Limited, Apapa, Lagos.
- Continental Pharmaceutical Limited, Agege Motor Road, Mushin, Lagos.
- International Breweries Limited, Ilesha, Osun State.
- North Breweries Limited, Jos, Plateau state.
- Texagric (Texaco Nigeria) Limited, Lagos.
- Unilever PLC, Dockyard Road, Apapa, Lagos.
- Doyin Group of Companies, Lagos
- Mainspring Ventures Ltd. Lagos
- Spectra Nigeria Ltd. Lagos.
- Ayo – Ola Food Ltd. Lagos.
- Farm Gate Nigeria Ltd. Ejigbo, Lagos.
- Dlas Venture Palmgrove, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Dordavy Nig. Ltd. Lagos.
- Kennedy Joe Nig. Enterprises Onipanu Lagos, Nigeria.
- Eddy and Bros. New Idimu – Tinitun, Lagos Nigeria
- Waham Food Ltd Lagos
- Doyin Investment Company Kwara State.
- Obasanjo Holdings Owiwi Village, Ogun State
- Begg Foods Ltd.Idiroko Village Ogun State
- Supreme Fufu Powder
- Beasdon International Ltd.Gowon Estate, Ipaja, Lagos State
- Rose& Jacobs (Nig) Ltd. Alimosho, Lagos.
- Na-Allah Investment Limited Ibafo, Ogun State
- Golden Lad Nig. Ltd Ikorodu, Lagos
- Industrial Nigeria Ltd.
The Information and Technology Division
The Information Technology Division renders various services to meet the internal needs of research and development work in the institute and also to the general public.
The division is responsible for:
- The development of application software (packages),
- Training of members of staff / public and
- Management of FIIRO's IT infrastructure
- This division renders the following services
- Computer Appreciation Training on:
- Introduction to Computer
- Introduction to MsOffice Applications (MsWord, MsEcxel, MsPowerPoint and MsAccess)
- Introduction to Windows Operating Systems
- Software Maintenance
- CAD/CAM Training
- Database Management using MSAccess
The Library And Documentation Division
The Library and Documentation division offers tailored information services to researchers, industrialists and entrepreneurs. This is by acquiring, organizing, housing and maintaining information materials in related areas of science and technology as well as the publication of research reports and other corporate publications.
The services offered are as follows:
- Technical Inquiry
- Current Awareness Service (CASS)
- Current Awareness Service on Economy (CASE)
- Selective Dissemination of Information (SID)
- Industrial Abstracts
- Latest Technology Index
- Document Procurement
- Bank Loans Services
- Journal Content Page Service
- Photocopy Service
- Internet Service
- Computerized Information Retrieval
- Referral Service.
CONTACT THE DIRECTOR
Mrs.Adesegha Olubukola Ibironke
Director, PTTIM Department FIIRO
MSc. Information Science
BSc. (Hons) Biochemistry
FNIFST; MPMP (USA); MNLA.
Tel: +234 8033051427