Mrs Iyabode Olabisi Layode is the current Director of Abuja Liaison Office of the Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi. (FIIRO)
She attended the Lagos State College of Science and Technology (now Lagos State Polytechnic) where she obtained an OND in Food Technology and then Federal Polytechnic Ilaro where she obtained an HND in Food Technology; with Upper Credit from both Institutions. She also holds an MSc (Public Administration) and a PGD (Public Administration);
She is a registered member of professional bodies, namely: Nigeria Institute of Food Science and Technology (MNIFST) and Nigeria Institute of Management (MNIM).
Having joined the Institute in 1989 she became Director of Abuja Liaison Office of the Institute in 2019.
Mrs Layode has attended training programmes both locally and internationally, some of which are:
- United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) In-plant Group Training Programme in the field of Fruit and Vegetable Processing in Gebze, Turkey from 1st October to 13th November 1994.
- The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey, Marmara Research Centre In-plant Group Training Programme in the field of Fruit and Vegetable Processing from 1st October to 19th November 1994.
- Ministry of Defence/Public Private Partnership Collaboration in the improvement of the Higher Management of Defence Sector from 1st to 3rd December 2009.
- Federal Ministry of Science and Technology/National Office for Technology Promotion/The Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (ISESCO) Certificate in Regional Workshop on Technology Foresight from 23rd to 25th February, 2011 Abuja Nigeria.
- World Association of Industrial and Technological Research Organisations (WAITRO)/Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC) Capacity Building Workshop on Appropriate Approach For Partnerships and Project Funding by International Development Agencies from 22nd to 24th August 2016.
- Mrs Iyabode Olabisi Layode is well-travelled.