Dr. TAIWO, Oluwatoyin Enitan obtained a B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Applied Chemistry from Leicester Polytechnic (now De-Montfort University), England in 1984 and M.Sc. degree in Analytical Chemistry and Instrumentation from Lough-borough University of Technology, England in 1985. Additionally she obtained a D.Tech degree in Civil Engineering (Waste Management) from Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa in 2009.
She joined FIIRO in November, 1990 as a Research Officer and rose through the ranks to become the Acting Director, Department of Chemical, Fibre and Environmental Technology Department (CFET) at the Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi in 2020. Her main fields of interests are in analytical chemistry, waste-water management and solid waste management. Dr. TAIWO has published her research findings in several local and international scientific journals; scientific magazines and books with over 50 publications. She has attended many conferences, courses, workshops, seminars, trainings at home and abroad.
Dr. TAIWO is a Chartered Chemist and is a member to the following professional bodies;
- Public Analyst and Member of the Institute of Public Analyst of Nigeria (IPAN)
- Member of Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (ICCON)
- Member of Chemical Society of Nigeria
- Member of the Institute of Waste Management of Southern Africa
- Member of the Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST)