Dr. Olutoyin Akinfire is a seasoned Human Resource Management practitioner with major skills in training and development, change management, project management, needs assessment, communication planning, people’s management and conflict resolution. Akinfire holds a Doctorate degree in Human Resource Management of Leadcity University, Ibadan, M.Sc. International Relations, from Obafemi Awolowo University and B.Sc. Political Science from University of Ibadan. She is also a member of the Nigeria Institute of Management. She joined Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi in 2004 and is currently the Director Human Resource Management and Administration Department. Before joining the Institute, she worked with other public and private organizations, providing administrative and managerial services to their developments.
In the course of her career, Dr. Akinfire has helped to boost and improve employee performance and development in the Institute by engendering positive work environment, personnel planning, organizing, various trainings to update the knowledge base of staff within the Institute. She accomplished several personnel projects in the areas to develop the
Institute’s workforce development, career management, knowledge management, organizational development and change management.
Her activities include:
• Recruitment planning, recruitment process definition and compensation survey
• Staff interview and profiling for senior and mid-level staff of the Institute
• Successful defense of manpower planning and budgets
• Successful implementation and execution of planned projects and Board activities
In order to acquire more knowledge, Dr Oluwatoyin Akinfire has attended several trainings including:
• Manpower Planning and Budgeting Workshop, Office of the Head of Civil Service of the
Federation, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017.
• Quality Management System, FIIRO (2017).
• Corporate Strategic Planning, University of Ibadan Ventures Limited (2016).
• Retirement Planning, BN Training & Consultancy, 2015.
• Needs Assessment, Research Methodology, Report Writing, Project Monitoring &
Evaluation Workshop, University of Ibadan Ventures Limited (2010).
• Training the Trainers for Effectiveness, University of Ibadan Ventures Limited (2010).
• Train the Trainers, Administrative Staff College, (ASCON, Badagry (2009).
• Leadership and Organizational Management, Institute of Public Administration Bukit Kiara,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2009.
• Training on Basic Public Service Rules, Office Routine/Procedure and Financial