Dr. (Mrs.) Olabisi Funmilayo Kayode is a researcher who has contributed her knowledge to various scientific research within the Institute and the Ministry of Science and Technology. Her area of specialization is Food Science and Nutrition, Agro-allied projects, Environment and Chemical analyses. She is very passionate about quality, diligence, discipline, and timelessness.
Dr. Funmilayo Kayode holds a Doctoral Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Agriculture Abeokuta in 2013; a Master of Science Degree in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Ibadan in 1995, and a B.Sc in Industrial Chemistry from Ogun state University. She also obtained a professional certificate course in Quality Laboratory Systems from A&M University, Texas.
She joined the Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi as a Senior Research Officer in 1998 and rose through to the ranks to become a deputy director in 2015. She is currently the Acting Director of Production and Analytical Lab Management department.
Dr. Kayode is proficient in writing, interpreting, evaluating and assessing analytical report and data; she is also knowledgeable in analytical instrument such as HPLC, NIR and G.C. She has presented her knowledgeable skills in reviewing and setting standards for food and water productions in line with regulatory agencies such as SON and NAFDAC.
Dr. Kayode is a member to the following professional bodies;
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (Treasurer 2015)
- Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria(Scientific Committee 2015)
- Chemical Society of Nigeria
- Society of Testing Laboratory Analysts of Nigeria(Treasurer 2020)
Dr. Kayode has written over 21 research article and 20 journals, which can also be assessed online, some of these includes:
- F. Kayode, M. Sulyok, S.O. Fapohunda, C.N. Ezekiel, R. Krska&C.R.B. Oguntona 2013 . Mycotoxins and fungal metabolites in groundnut- and maize-based snacks from Nigeria.Food Additives & Contaminants: Part B, 2013 Vol. 6, No. 4, 294–300, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19393210.2013.823626
- Kayode, F.O, Oguntona, CRB, Elemo, G.N. Bankole, A.O, Erukainure. L 2011. Chemical properties and microbial quality of peanut (Arachis hypogea) Snacks in Lagos metropolis. Fermentation Technology and Bioengineering 1: 77-87. World Open Access Journal www.woaj.org/FTB
- Kayode O.F., Oresegun M.O., Adetuyi D.O., Olatope SOA and Erukanuire O.I . 2015. Nutritional and Microbial Qualities of Selected Street vended Sausage Roll brands in Lagos Metropolis. Book of Abstracts, Nutrition Society of Nigeria.45th AGM/Scientific conference, EKO 2015 p 18
- Kayode, O.F., M. Solomon and G.M. Akinsoji 2006. Preparation and analysis of ‘Ekpan-Iwa’ dish from sweet cassava root; FIIRO cassava book on production, processing and Utilization in Nigeria, FIIRO p146-148