Dr. Wahab Bolanle Asiru is a seasoned Agricultural Engineer with vast experience and skills in the engineering sector.
He obtained his Doctoral degree in Agricultural Engineering, Master of Science in Crop Processing and Storage in 1989, and Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Engineering in 1989, all from University of Ibadan.
Dr. Asiru joined Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi in 1997 as a Research Officer and rose to the position of Director in 2018. Its worthy of note that from 2002 to 2015, he served as part-time lecturer in the Department of Agricultural science and Industrial Technology of Babcock University where he also helped in the development of the Department.
He has won and coordinated several local and international Research grants from donor agencies like Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (CAVA I and II), WAAPP; African Union and European Union. He is currently the Chainman, Grant Committee for the institute, (this serves a link for staffs to gain access to grants, scholarship and other fellowships). He also provides consultancy services to SMEs especially in the area of Cassava industries, and has contributed immensely to capacity building in the agricultural value chain.
Dr. Asiru is a member of several association and professional membership where he continually contributes his quota and skills to the benefit of the association, some of these includes;
- Registered Agricultural Engineer (COREN)
- American Society of Agricultural & Biological Engineers (ASABE)
- Nigeria Institution of Agricultural Engineers – Fellow
- Nigerian society of eengineers (M.N.S.E) – Corporate Member
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) - Professional Member
- National Cassava Processors and Marketers Association (NCAPMA) – Administrative Secretary
- Mushroom Farmers and Marketers Association of Nigeria – Trustee
- Steering Group, Cassava Value Chain project in Nigeria under Green Innovation Centre Sponsored by German Development Corporation (GIZ) – Member.
- Lagos Chambers of Commerce and Industries (LCCI) – Committee Member Science and Technology Sector.
Dr. W. B. Asiru has over 60 journal and conference publications in both Local and International journal and conferences. He has contributed to chapters in 3 books as well as reviews for other journals. Notable among the journals he has contributed to includes, Nigerian Food Journal, International Journal of Food Science and Technology, Food Science and Nutrition, CGIR journal etc.