Engr. Segun Adedeji Omotade is an engineer with great repute and has contributed his skills and technical know-how to the development of the Institute. He holds a Master’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering from University of Ibadan, a B.sc in Agricultural Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife.
Engr. Omotade commenced his a career from the reputable International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) in 1989 and later moved to Federal Institute of Industrial Research in 1992. He is currently in the Director in charge of the Procurement department.
Engr. Omotade is currently a member to the following professional bodies;
- Nigerian Institute of Agricultural Engineers (NIAE)
- Nigeria Society of Engineers
- COREN Registered Engineers
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE)
He is also widely trained in various engineering, agriculture and procurement courses, some of which includes:
- Basic Procurement Course Organized by Bureau of Public Procurement, Abuja (2008)
- Specialized Training on PRINCE 2. Foundation Examination, Bath London (2010)
- Total Quality and Effective Time Management Organized by Segun Adeife & Co, Ogun state (2010).
- Certificate of Participation Seminar on Instrumentation by Perten Instrument and Foss, Ibadan (2011)
- 11th International Conference Organized by Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers, Ilorin (2011)
- Leadership and Management Skills for High Quality and More Relevant Research and Development Activities by PSL Consulting, Lagos (2012)
- Quality Management System (QMS) In Organization Planning & Implementation by CEMP Training Workshop, Lagos (2017)
Engr. Omotade has written several publications with few listed below
- Oyedoyin B.O., S.O. Akinola, A. Omotade and F.N. Ajuebor (2004). Small Scale Industrial Production of Clarified Juice from Local Fruits Using Pectinase Enzymes. NIFST 28th Annual Conference Pp. 75-77
- Omotade S.A., A.O. Komolafe, S.A. Odunfa and S.C.O. Onyekwelu (1997): Capability Building for Fermentation Technology for African Fermented Foods Waitro Annual Conference in Lagos
- O. Ajiboshin, O.T. Oyelola, S.A. Omotade, A.O. Adesina and A.O. Komolafe (2005) Effect of Temperature and Slice Thickness on Drying of Yam For Instant Pounded Yam Flour (IPYF) Production Nigeria Journal Of Industrial And Systems Studies, 4(4) 1-5.
- O. Ajiboshin, S.A. Omotade, A.O. Adesina , A.O. Sadiq, I.G. Yussuf, R.A. Bello And B.A. Dada (2012) Design Parameters For Cassava Mash Detoxification Tank. International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Development. Issue 2, Vol. 16.
- Adesina B.S., Asiru W.B., Omotade S.A. and Samuel D.O. (2013) Some Physical Properties of Moringa Oleifera Seeds International Journal Of Scientific And Engineering Research. Vol. 4