FIIRO Information Communication Technology (ICT) Division has the technologies and services that support information and was established to provide ICTs support for Research and Development (R&D) activities and capacity building.
The need for this division is owed to the following reasons:
- The need of computerized database to replace the manual method of keeping records and permit easy access of information retrieval.
- Development, Management and Updating of the Institute’s website
- Adequate maintenance of the LAN / Internet in order to enhance effective research and development processes.
- To enhance the skill of FIIRO staff and the public in computer usage through trainings.
- To incorporate digital signage technology into the Institute’s R&D activities in order to enlighten and acquaint both the staff and visitors of our products, machineries, day-to-day activities and events.
- To use ICT to improve speed, efficiency and quality of R&D activities which are the Institute’s mandate.
- To develop software for research & non research activities of the Institute.
- To install, manage and implement a highly optimised network infrastructure.
- To enhance the computing skills of members of staff through computer appreciation and application courses.
- To incorporate digital signage technology into our R&D activities in order to enlighten and acquaint both the staff and visitors of our products, machinery, day-to- day activities and events.
- To run computer training courses to the public as a source of revenue generation.
THE SECTIONS UNDER THE DIVISION ARE:
- Software Development
- Systems Administration/Digital Signage
ADERELE, COMFORT T. (MRS.)
MSc Computer Science, FNCS, FIIM, MCPN, PNIWIIT
Head, Information & Communication Technology Division,
Planning Technology Transfer Information Management Department,
Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi (FIIRO),
P.M.B. 21023 Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone No: +2348058657389