The Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi, a Parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology as part of the efforts to achieve its mandate and in compliance with the requirements of the Public Procurement Act 2007 (PPA) hereby invites interested competent and reputable firms with proven experience to express their interest in the Consultancy Services for the following:
- Consultancy Services for Construction and Rehabilitation Works.
A1. SCOPE OF WORK
- Preparation of drawings
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
- The Consulting Firm will design a process for achievement of the projects
- The Consulting Firm will ensure the supervision of the progress of the projects.
LOT B1: Consultancy Services on Youth training/empowerment in Nsukka/Igbo-Eze South Federal Constituency, Enugu state.
LOT B2: Consultancy Services on Publication of R&D result in printed and electronic media.
LOT B3: Consultancy Services on Promotion of FIIRO Developed Technologies
LOT B4: Consultancy Services on National Innovation Week.
LOT B5: Consultancy Services on Research and Development into food for immediate relief for the IDPS/Malnutrition Management Ready to Use Therapeutic Food Programme.
LOT B6: Consultancy Services on Research and Development into pulp and paper production project technologies
LOT B7: Consultancy services on Techno-Entrepreneurship and Industrial Development.
LOT B8: Consultancy Services on Entrepreneurship Training of Youth and Women
LOT B9: Consultancy Services on Quality Management System – ISO 9001:2015
LOT B10: Consultancy Services on Techno-Entrepreneurship Training on Zobo Extraction and Preservation in North-East Zonal Office
LOT B11: Consultancy Services on Techno-Entrepreneurship Training on Zobo Extraction and Preservation for Tudunwada Local Government Area of Kano State
LOT B12: Consultancy Services on Techno Entrepreneurship Training on Fruit Juice Extraction
LOT B13: Consultancy Services on Techno-Entrepreneurship Training on Zobo Extraction and Preservation in North-Central Zonal Office
LOT B14: Consultancy Services on Skill Acquisition in Preservatives of Tomato Processing Enzymes Preservation and Local Brew
LOT B15: Consultancy Services on Techno-Entrepreneurship Training on Cassava Processing Into Fufu in South-East Zonal Office, Enugu
LOT B16: Consultancy Services on Techno-Entrepreneurship Training of Women/Youth on Instant Pounded Yam Flour Production in South-West Zonal Office Owode
LOT B17: Consultancy Services on Techno-Entrepreneurship Training of Women/Youth on Instant Plantain Flour Production in South-South Zonal Office, Asaba
LOT B18: Consultancy Services on Techno-Entrepreneurship Training on Zobo Extraction and Preservative
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Prospective Contractors/Service Provider shall be required to submit the following documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018) valid till 31st December, 2019;
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 31st December, 2019;
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 1/1/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committee of the Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years - 2016, 2017, 2018;
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to fund the project when awarded;
- Evidence of Firm’s registration with relevant profession body(ies)
- Company Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.);
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership/Consortium, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
3.0 SUBMISSION OF EOI DOCUMENT
Interested firms are to submit two (2) bound of Expression of Interest (EOI) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated in eligibility criteria. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to the THE DIRECTOR GENERAL/CEO, Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi, P.M.B. 21023, Ikeja, Lagos State and should be dropped in a box Marked ‘Expression of Interest’’ in the office of the Director Procurement, Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi, P.M.B. 21023, Ikeja, Lagos State not later than 12.00noon on Tuesday 8th October, 2019.
4.0 OPENING OF EOI DOCUMENT
5.0 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Letter Authorizing FIIRO to make enquires about any information supplied by the Company.
- No bidder should bid for more than two (2) lots
- Any other information that will be useful in determine the firm’s competence
- Bidder or their representatives and other interested Organizations / General Public are by this notice invited to witness the event
- Only firms that comply with regulatory requirements would be considered
- Late submission will be returned un-opened
- Bidder shall be responsible for all expenses incurred in the preparation of their Bids
- Failure to satisfactorily fulfill the conditions as requested above will result to the invalidation of such document
- FIIRO reserve the right to verify the authenticity of claim(s) made by any Company
- FIIRO shall reserve the right to reject any submission based on unverifiable information
Please note that this exercise place no commitment on FIIRO nor establishes any legal relationship whatsoever.
- FIIRO is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007
The Institute’s website, E-mail address and Phone number are as follows:
Tel: - 08132173116